After the last couple of private tests at Okayama, I had not touched the BMW Z4 GT3, since I wanted to concentrate on iGTC and races within that. Somethings came up however (more sometime else) which has made me now concentrate on this car again.
Ran a few session with the my teammates at Black Adder Motorsport, Richard Brazier, Gianluca Belardinelli and Paul Rogers . You helped a lot, not only when you were in car guiding me, but even when you were just discussing among yourselves about corners that you had problems with. Initially I did not face the same problems, because I was too slow to face it. As I got quicker, the problems that were being discussed, became relevant to me too.
 |
| L-R : Richard, Gian and myself. |
We jumped a couple of Open Practice sessions before each of us headed our ways for the night. Mine went like this:
Session 1: Open Practice
First time at this track layout, I learnt a lot here. I have only raced Donnington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix layout in other games and it feels very different to this. Did some driving so the guys could give me feedback, but mostly sat around watching Richard and Gian.
Stats:
- Fastest Lap: 1:08.072
- Laps: 15 laps
- Incidents: 11
 |
| Following and leaching track knowledge from Richard. |
Session 2: Open Practice
The different lines that Gian takes to what I thought was the correct one helped shave a few tenths off. Getting more used to the BMW now and a little braver to brake late.
Stats:
- Fastest Lap: 1:07.023
- Laps: 30 laps
- Incidents: 21
 |
| Wasn't all work! Funny synchronised totalling. |
Session 3: Private test
Chasing John King 's ghost car. Broke the psychological barrier of 1.05s. Was able to put in a string of 1.06s but the consistency is not there.
 |
| Screenshot from testing.
|
Stats:
- Fastest Lap: 1.05.909
- Laps: 30
- Incidents: iRacing does not keep incident counts or results for private test.
All images above are from Session 1. And don't miss the chrome rims on the BMW Z4GT3!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment