That was my impression till I watched a part of the race with John King (in the Kia) and I took the CTSV out on the track. I spun a few times and gave up, since our team session in the mustang was starting.
Just a few hours ago, I decided to tame this thing that I could not keep pointed in the right direction for the life of me for a few laps in a stretch. I thought it would be good practice in throttle control, that may help with my Mustang driving.
The thing is that, I had so much fun,
I ran the entire hour of open practice. Didn't bother with setup, and ran the whole session on the Baseline Setup.
The biggest problem I had was with FOV and Force-feedback. I dialed them to 46 degrees and 14% respectively, by the end of the session. Many off track were 1Xs due to that new FOV.
I tried to stay out of the way of a slower but fast approaching Caddie. He came way out of the racing line to give me a tap and spin me around.
Session statistics from Daytona International Speedway
Despite every INC POINT in this session - I love this Caddilac, at the moment. More than the BMW Z4 :-/
Fastest Lap from the session: 01:46.373
Just a few hours ago, I decided to tame this thing that I could not keep pointed in the right direction for the life of me for a few laps in a stretch. I thought it would be good practice in throttle control, that may help with my Mustang driving.
![]() |
| I got to know the outfield, the tyre barrier and other American vehicles a lot. ;) |
I ran the entire hour of open practice. Didn't bother with setup, and ran the whole session on the Baseline Setup.
The biggest problem I had was with FOV and Force-feedback. I dialed them to 46 degrees and 14% respectively, by the end of the session. Many off track were 1Xs due to that new FOV.
I tried to stay out of the way of a slower but fast approaching Caddie. He came way out of the racing line to give me a tap and spin me around.
![]() |
| I tried to hide, but he was a good hunter, lol. |
Despite every INC POINT in this session - I love this Caddilac, at the moment. More than the BMW Z4 :-/
Fastest Lap from the session: 01:46.373


No comments:
Post a Comment