Sunday, 25 January 2015

2015S01W06 - Bathurst 40 min - Race 02

n - 4

Where n=grid position.

Seems like finishing 4 places down from the starting spot is the rule of the day. Started this race in 4th place. Looking at the starting grid, I new keeping 4th would be hard, but wanted to fight for a top 5.

In Black Adder Motorsport livery
Another reason I wanted to do well, was that I finally had the confidence in the Mustang to run the team livery. The bar has been set so high in BAM, I feel odd running the official livery when I am slow and not so sure. The reason why I have an alternate set of liveries for all my cars.


Had a decent start, giving up my (now becoming customary) position to 1 car. Just after the straight, heading into the right hander, the car in front slowed a little more than what I expected. Lost a little momentum due to that, heading up the hill. The car behind pulled up next to me on the OUTSIDE and sandwiched me into the next LEFT hander. When I had the inside line. I saw he was along side me, but did not expect him to pull a move like this. Not in the first lap of a 40 minute race.
This wasn't starting off so well!
Tow time again. 2nd time today. Sat in the pits and this time made sure that all the fuel and tyre markers were correct. Once the tow completed, I just headed out of the pits and from then on it was only passing Solistices and Jettas.

Playing pass the Solistices.
I was driving well within myself and incurred a couple of off tracks when I went beyond what was required to keep out of their battles. I wasn't setting the pace even remotely in my class, so I made passes only on the straights.

A much more aggressively passing and faster Mustang showed up in my relative positions box. He was at least a couple of seconds faster and I kept an eye on the dwindling time deficit. I knew it was a matter of time before he caught me. I saw him hanging the tail way out in 1st corner, I kept pushing and he spun out and crashed going into turn 2 while about a second behind me.
That kind of dictated what position I would be finishing in.
Just at the end of the race, the leaders came by and I did not want to get in the way of a last lap last turn move if they decide to. So, gave them space to head on and finished the race, right behind them.

Lapped on the last turn.

Stats:
Points 34
iR - 6
SR -0.01

The guy who caused the first crashed went on and made others crash too and dropped out mid race. Some days are like that, hope he has a good race too!

Race Highlights Video


No comments:

Post a Comment