Hope all of you had a good and safe time this New Year's eve. Wish you all the best for 2015.
The plan for when I planned to move up in class, was the RUF C-Spec. That's what I thought. But, it seems like the whole team is on BMW Z4 GT3 and with team races coming through thick and fast it makes sense to test in this car. The track picked was Okayama International Circuit, since that is the one that I am pretty comfortable with at this time.
John King, had put in a track guide for this and I took it out for a bunch of laps initially and ended up with a 1.32.862 lap time It was decent, but it felt a little weird and I also knew that something did not feel right. I put the video up so that John (and later Lewis Cugaly) could take a look and give me feedback. Analyzing on iSpeed told me that I was still driving this a little too carefully, like the Ford Mustang.
At the end of the testing session, it was clear to me that I am no where close to being able to race with a team. So, I've for the time being gone back to racing Ford Mustang FR500S while doing open practice and testing with this car.
The big loser in all of this? The RUF RT12R C-Spec. Not sure, how I will fit that into the whole picture. It was one of the cars that drew me to iRacing.
Sometime else maybe!
The plan for when I planned to move up in class, was the RUF C-Spec. That's what I thought. But, it seems like the whole team is on BMW Z4 GT3 and with team races coming through thick and fast it makes sense to test in this car. The track picked was Okayama International Circuit, since that is the one that I am pretty comfortable with at this time.
John King, had put in a track guide for this and I took it out for a bunch of laps initially and ended up with a 1.32.862 lap time It was decent, but it felt a little weird and I also knew that something did not feel right. I put the video up so that John (and later Lewis Cugaly) could take a look and give me feedback. Analyzing on iSpeed told me that I was still driving this a little too carefully, like the Ford Mustang.
A remark about ABS and Traction control is what hit me! I had not thought about it in the first stint and had been a little too careful.I put in another stint and improved the timing immediately. The driver aids on the Z4 make it feel like cheating almost. 1.31.763, which was a second almost from the previous time. Still a lot further to go, but I ran out of time with other commitments.
The big loser in all of this? The RUF RT12R C-Spec. Not sure, how I will fit that into the whole picture. It was one of the cars that drew me to iRacing.
Sometime else maybe!
No comments:
Post a Comment